Gordon has been working with middle market companies for over 40 years as an investor, director, and M&A advisor. He has be active in over 400 transactions including financings, mergers and acquisitions and public offerings. He has held more than 30 directorships in growing private and public companies, where he frequently chaired important committees including audit, compensation, and special committees dealing with acquisition and sales.
He has been the CEO of Cherry Tree’s investment banking activities for over 20 years and continues to provide strategic and operational direction to a robust and accomplished group of M&A transaction professionals.
- Multi-unit businesses
- Minnesota businesses
- Strategy Implementation
- Management Development
- Marketing & Corporate Finance
Northwest Growth Fund (now Norwest Equity Partners), Vice President
Honeywell, Inc., Marketing Manager
Main National Bank, Assistant to the Controller
United States Navy, Officer
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Cornell University
- MBA, Harvard Business School, Baker Scholar
- Bright Start, Inc.
- Buffets, Inc. (Public)
- Cherry Tree and Associates, LLC
- Cherry Tree Wealth Management, LLC
- DataMyte Corporation
- FilmTec, Public
- Harmony Brook, Inc.,(Public)
- Insignia Systems, Inc. (Public)
- MakeMusic, Inc. (Public)
- National Information Systems
- Pet Food Warehouse (Public)
- PowCon, Inc.
- Ringer Corporation (Public)
- Select Comfort, Observer (Public)
- VEE Corporation
- President, MN Venture Capital Association 1990
- Entrepreneur of the Year finalist, 1995
- Director of the Year, Minnesota, 1997
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Westminster Church
- Chairman of the Endowment Investment Committee, Westminster Church
Cherry Tree & Associates provides investment banking services through our FINRA-licensed broker dealer.