John Bergstrom has been involved with advising companies on capital formation, merger & acquisition transactions, governance and strategy for over two decades. His tenure with the Cherry Tree firm includes work with the legacy venture capital operations and numerous client company liquidity events in the form of M&A activity or public offerings. In addition to his significant transaction experience, John has been a member of the boards of directors of over 20 companies in the capacity as a representative of founder or investor interests.
John has been involved primarily with companies in the technology, software, business services, education, marketing and cybersecurity industries. He has been a board member or adviser to companies who have experienced liquidity events for their founders and investors including Capella Education, Comprehensive Loss Management, Dolan Media Co., Tecmark Services, Instrumental, Inc. and NetSPI, Inc. John is also actively involved in the community and currently serves on the boards of directors of Chicagoland Habitat for Humanity and Goodwill Easter Seals Foundation.
- Technology, software, business services, cybersecurity, defense & government
- Small capitalization public companies
- Venture financings
- Governance practice
- Executive compensation
- M.B.A., University of Minnesota
- B.A., Gustavus Adolphus College
- Goodwill Easter Seals Foundation, Board Member
- Chicagoland Habitat for Humanity, Board Member
Current Board Positions
- Big Know
- Creative Publishing
- Early Learning Labs
- Job Dig
Past Board Positions
- Capella Education (NASDAQ: CPLA)
- Dolan Company (NYSE:DM)
- Instrumental, Inc.
- Peoples Education (NASDAQ: PEDH)
- NetSPI, Inc.