Tony has been an active investor, director and M & A advisor for over 40 years. He has been active in over 400 transactions the involved financings, mergers and acquisitions, and public offerings. He has been on over 50 boards of directors of both middle market companies and larger public and private companies. He is both the Chairman of Cherry Tree and Associates (M&A) and Cherry Tree Wealth Management.
Tony continues to be an active investor through his family office seeking non-syndicated, significant positions in growth companies.
- Strategic development and planning
- All phases of corporate finance
- Businesses with a focus in information services, education, publishing, healthcare/bioengineering
- Northwest Growth Fund (now, Norwest Equity Parnters), Vice President
- Arthur Anderson, Inc., Associate
- BS in Accounting, St. John’s University, Collegeville
- MBA, Harvard Business School, Baker Scholar
- Entrepreneur of the Year finalist, 1995
- Director of the Year, Minnesota, 2003
- Board of Trustees, ST. Johns University
- AmeriPride Services, Inc.
- Arctic Cat, Inc.
- Capella Education Company (Public)
- Computer Petroleum Corporation (Public)
- The Dolan Company (Public)
- Fair Isaac Corporation (Public)
- Fourth Shift Corporation (Public)
- Greenspring Companies
- J3 Learning, Inc.
- Midway Airlines (Public)
- Molecular Genetics (Public)
- Peoples Educational Holdings, Inc., Public
- PLATO Learning, Inc. (Public)
- Titan Machinery, Inc.* (Public)
- Transportation Corp. of America (Public)
- Varitronics, Inc. (Public)